Style of Coaching
Born in 1960, I am a qualified coach, and have been running my own business successfully since 2000 offering coaching and training services both in English and in German. My style of coaching is based on the systemic approach – it is value-oriented and non-judgemental.
I have particular expertise in helping people develop communication skills in the work environment, and find out who they really are.
- Accredited coach using a wide range of coaching skills
- Member of Coaching Pool of Leuphana Professional School University Lüneburg
My background is varied, as with many of my clients. In my twenties, I studied and worked in England, did an M.A. in English Studies, and worked as a free-lance journalist. In my thirties, I worked full-time with a training institute, developing trainings for businesses and taking on management tasks. I have been a bilingual inhouse-trainer to this very day, catering for the needs of long-term b2b-customers such as SIEMENS and KMP Services Sindelfingen.
My time at the institute was particularly valuable in two ways: It was alongside this job that I wrote my dissertation on topics in an English business meeting (“What’s on the Agenda?”, Peter Lang Verlag 2001)—a research that turned my attention toward the workplace and its interaction. Apart from that, I discovered my passion for developing people—my objective from then on was to become a coach. I started a 3-year-modular training as a coach at one of the best places for that in Germany: www.systemiker.com. , followed by a training as a “job promotor” at Frankfurt FH.
Hence, I can offer both career consulting and coaching. My interest for what is going on at work has never ceased: I am also a published author in the field of work-life-balance (“Runterschalten!”, “Downshifting”).
- Driving about in our vintage 2 CV and—occasionally—mending it
- Isle of Wight, English country fare, English pubs, Wallace & Gromit, Little Britain
- Frankfurt, Sachsenhausen, Äppelwoi with Dieter’s place, feeding squirrels (red ones!) on our balcony
- Hiking, dancing
- Family, my husband and friends
- Celebrating, growing grey hair and discovering new territory